2010 Alaska Trike Trip


View Alaska Trike Trip 2010 in a larger map

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Done for the day

We were up at 5:30am to take the hike to the corner store to use the bathroom. I bought a hot chocolate and a breakfast sandwich for breakfast. Before heading back to the tent I refilled my hot chocolate and the lady said it was $3. I couldn't believe it, I only paid $1.50 for it to start with. I asked why. Her response was the a refill messed up her cup inventory and if I would take a clean cup the price would go down to $1.50. I couldn't believe what I had just heard, waste a good cup and save $1.50? The answer was - yep. Only in "BFE". We packed up and checked for sand burrs in the tires before heading west. Two miles down the road it started raining lighty. Out came the rain gear. After battling the wind and rain for seventeen miles we entered Lisco. No services of any kind so we found an open storage building near the highway to take shelter in during the one hour downpour. We left before the pigeons started to think we might become new residents. Still battling strong headwinds we made it to the Narcissa Whitman Historical Marker by 11:45am. Six hours and only 23 miles, we are wasted. We took shelter behind and under some bushes near the marker for most of the afternoon. After supper we set up the tent which was difficult to do in the strong wind. We will see what tomorrow beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment