2010 Alaska Trike Trip


View Alaska Trike Trip 2010 in a larger map

Thursday, July 16, 2009

We have just arrived at our lovely campsite in Terrace (91 miles). We had planned to stop at a BC Provincial park at 58 miles, but it had been turned into a day use area only. The first 24 miles were hills and hard rain and I had my "want to go home" moment. But then the rain finally turned to drizzle after lunch and I was ready to ride on.
Just a few miles back a black bear crossed the road right in front of us. I've lost count of the bears now, but this is the first one on the way home.
Now it is warm and just cloudy and we are showered and ready to pitch the tent and go next door to a nice restaurant for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. As you head back, the two of you continue to be an in inspiration to me and many others. It is an epic journey by any standard and I hope you continue to be safe as you travel.

    Chip

    ReplyDelete