2010 Alaska Trike Trip


View Alaska Trike Trip 2010 in a larger map

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our cell service here in Ketchikan is sketchy at best. I seem to have a connection at the moment so I'll try to get this posted fast.
We took a couple hikes yesterday (7 miles) and pretty much goofed off the rest of the day. Cal has dozens of nasty skeeter bikes and we are on our 7th bottle of repellant, so we tried a Thermacell last night. It is butane heated and seemed to do the trick. We also had a campfire, which seems to help some with the bugs.
We got up at 4:00 so we could get packed up and be at the ferry terminal. But, upon arriving at the terminal were told that our ship is on "mechanical". Where have I heard that term before? Oh, that't right, I use it all the time at my job with United Airlines. We were told to check back at 9:00, which we did and now they said "update at 11:00". Boy, this is really starting to sould like my job!
So we ate breakfast, showered at the Harbormasters ofice and are now doing laundry. We may or may not get to Prince Rupert today. We'll let you know later if we have service again.

No comments:

Post a Comment