2010 Alaska Trike Trip


View Alaska Trike Trip 2010 in a larger map

Saturday, May 30, 2009

We changed to mountain STANDARD time zone so it got light here in the tent at 4:00 am. The wind is howling so I don't want to get up yet, and we have already discussed roadkill, so I decided to tell you about Canada's roadside trash. Of course, the number 1 item is beer cans. Surprisingly, however, number 2 is banana peels. Cal and I have concluded that Canadian beer causes a craving for bananas. Number three would let me retire if we could find a buyer for bungy cords.
We are going to spend a couple days here in Dawson -- lots to see, plus, Cal has to replace a couple trailer tires, I have to do laundry again and I believe this is the last Walmart stop for basic supplies for the next 1000 miles or so.

1 comment:

  1. What do you guys have with you for protection, in case those wolves get really hungry? I drove to Vancouver, BC in 1998 and because I was from Arizona, they assumed I had a gun and strip searched me and my truck! :(

    ReplyDelete