2010 Alaska Trike Trip


View Alaska Trike Trip 2010 in a larger map

Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 6 of Colorado Ride-2011

Packed up camp and headed for the Prairiesta parade down Main of Russell. One of the first attractions was 150 longhorn steers reinacting an old time cattle drive. The highlight for the longtime Russell residents was the return of Senator Bob Dole. The Parade had the usual horses, cars, marching bands, political candidates, queens, and of course fire trucks of all kinds. I attended a luncheon at Lana's (a classmate) home prior to departing Russell to continue my ride westward. I rode old highway 40 to Hays as riding the interstate in Kansas is not allowed. As I reached Hays a large storm was building to the southwest and the headwind slowed my ride the last 13 miles. Just made it to Liebenthal in time. I set up the tent and covered the trike just before all hell broke loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment