2010 Alaska Trike Trip


View Alaska Trike Trip 2010 in a larger map

Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 12 of Colorado Ride-2011

Out of bed at 3:30 am in order to ride the streets of Pueblo before the city traffic gets out of control. Made it north to the Highway 50 junction and then turned west toward the mountains. Had an easy uphill ride to Penrose where a met a cyclist from Canon City who was out for a day ride. He rode with me to Canon City and we chatted about touring and the general area. A stop at Walmart for supplies and then I was faced with Eight Mile Hill. It took a while in the heat as I had to stop often of cool down. Road past the Royal Gorge and then back downhill to the river valley. Had a great ride along the river to the Five Points Campground. Visited with a couple from Spain at the campground and they invited me to have dinner with them. They are touring the USA over the next few years. I wished them good luck and thanked them for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment